Lebanon says six killed in Israeli strike as US announces ceasefire extension
President Trump announced the truce last month, but Israel and Hezbollah have continued to exchange fire since then.
Watch LiveBritish Broadcasting CorporationHomeNewsSportBusinessTechnologyHealthCultureArtsTravelEarthAudioVideoLiveDocumentariesHomeNewsUS & CanadaUKUK PoliticsEnglandN. IrelandN. Ireland PoliticsScotlandScotland PoliticsWalesWales PoliticsAfricaAsiaChinaIndiaAustraliaEuropeLatin AmericaMiddle EastIn PicturesBBC InDepthBBC VerifySportBusinessWorld of BusinessTechnology of BusinessNYSE Opening BellTechnologyWatch DocumentariesArtificial IntelligenceIntelligence RevolutionAI v the MindTech NowHealthWatch DocumentariesCultureWatch DocumentariesFilm & TVMusicArt & DesignStyleBooksEntertainment NewsArtsWatch DocumentariesArts in MotionTravelWatch DocumentariesDestinationsAfricaAntarcticaAsiaAustralia and PacificCaribbean & BermudaCentral AmericaEuropeMiddle EastNorth AmericaSouth AmericaWorld’s TableCulture & ExperiencesAdventuresThe SpeciaListEarthWatch DocumentariesScienceNatural WondersClimate SolutionsSustainable BusinessGreen LivingAudioPodcast CategoriesRadioAudio FAQsVideoWatch DocumentariesBBC MaestroDiscover the WorldLiveLive NewsLive SportDocumentariesHomeNewsSportBusinessTechnologyHealthCultureArtsTravelEarthAudioVideoLiveDocumentariesWeatherNewslettersWatch LiveLebanon says six killed in Israeli strike as US announces ceasefire extension16 hours agoShareSaveAdd as preferred on GoogleBrandon DrenonandYang TianEPALebanese army soldiers man a checkpoint in BeirutAn Israeli air strike on a town in southern Lebanon has killed six people, including three paramedics, according to Lebanon's health ministry. It comes as the US said the two countries had agreed to a 45-day ceasefire.
The health ministry said a fourth paramedic had sustained "critical injuries" after a civil defence centre was attacked in the town of Harouf.
The Israeli military told the BBC it had "identified" and "eliminated" two "Hezbollah terrorists", adding "steps were taken to mitigate the risk of harm to civilians".
On Friday, the US state department announced Israel and Lebanon had agreed to extend their shaky ceasefire after two days of negotiations in Washington DC.
US President Donald Trump announced the truce on 16 April, but Israel and Hezbollah have continued to exchange fire since then.
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cqlpzzl0d67o?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=rss
Rating: 5