Deal locally, face-to-face —follow this one rule and avoid 99% of scam attempts.
- Do not provide payment to anyone you have not met in person.
- Beware offers involving shipping - deal with locals you can meet in person when possible.
- Never wire funds (e.g. Western Union) - anyone who asks you to is a scammer.
- Don't accept cashier/certified checks or money orders - banks can give you cash for a fake, but you won't know that for a few days and then the bank holds you responsible and you have to pay the bank back.
- Transactions are between users only, be aware that a third party involvement can b a red flag.
- Never give out financial info (bank account, social security, PayPal account, etc).
- Do not rent or purchase sight-unseen—that amazing "deal" may not exist.
- Refuse background/credit checks until you have met the landlord/employer in person.
- "AdSitePro.com voicemails" - Any message asking you to access or check "AdSitePro.com voicemails" or "AdSitePro.com voice messages" is fraudulent - no such service exists.
Who should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
If you suspect that a AdSitePro.com post may be connected to a scam, please contact us at adsitepro.com/feedback