How the Lively-Baldoni settlement came together

Behind the scenes, talks to resolve the Justin Baldoni-Blake Lively case began in earnest last month, after a judge dismissed most of Lively’s claims, a source familiar with the matter told NBC News.

With two weeks to go before a scheduled trial, “It Ends With Us” co-stars Blake Lively and Justin Baldoni announced a surprise settlement Monday, ending a dispute that had played out in court hearings and headlines for almost a year and a half.

Subscribe to read this story ad-free

Get unlimited access to ad-free articles and exclusive content.

Publicly, lawyers for the former co-stars continued to hash out key pretrial issues before a federal judge.

But behind the scenes, talks to resolve the case began in earnest last month, after a judge dismissed most of Lively’s claims, a source familiar with the matter told NBC News. The teams held meetings over the weekend and finalized the deal Monday, the source said. Terms of the settlement were not disclosed.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/justin-baldoni-blake-lively-surprise-settlement-how-it-came-together-rcna343558


Post ID: c837eaac-0897-4b4c-a7ee-fa8063bd9a99
Rating: 5
Created: 2 weeks ago
Your ad can be here
Create Post

News's other ads